2. Never Let Me Go
3. Attack the Block
BONUS ROUND: Cave of Forgotten Dreams, Contagion
Top Five Television Episodes:
1. Black Mirror - The Entire History of You
2. Black Mirror - The National Anthem
3. Community - Documentary Filmmaking: Redux
4. Doctor Who - Night Terrors
5. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Frank Reynold's Little Darlings
Top Five Miscellaneous Things:
2. KFC Feasts with Jen and Will
3. Troll 2 Parties
4. 2 for 1 Pizza night at Mediterranean Pizza Warehouse
5. Feist, Metals (album)
Top Things I Did in 2011 (no particular order):
- Traveled with USA and Canadian ice hockey teams around New Zealand
making a documentary for Sky Sports
- Wrote a contracted radio drama script
- Performed in the New Zealand Comedy Festival
- Made the Wellington Raw Meat Comedy Quest Finals
- Wrote the first draft of a television series- Attended 24 Hour Movie
Marathon (and won the PSA Competition!)
- Learned lots from putting in for every funding round that came up (and
had heaps of creative bursts as a result)
- Learned lots about story structure (and finished my Screenwriting
- Selected for and attended the 2011 Show Me Shorts/Script to Screen
Short Film Lab
- Had the first act of a script published in Graeme Tetley's Memorial Book
- Had a killer idea for a new feature, writing in progress
- Became a member of the EAT Writer's Workshop
- Got offered a big paid writing opportunity for 2012 that I can't talk
about yet, but am stoked about.
Top Things I Intend to do in 2012:
1. Watch a movie every day from Jan 1st - April 1st.
2. Half an hour of exercise every day, dammit.
3. Go entire year without asking for financial help from the 'rents.
4. At least one hour solid writing every day, at a regular time if possible.
5. Don't take on too much and don't be afraid to take breaks to do the
things I want to do. Live life!
6. Complete outstanding projects to the highest standard possible.
7. Go out and get what I want if I want it, keep my damn head up, chill
the fuck out, be happy.