I think I am, anyway. I marathoned most of Hannibal season 1 over the weekend, and it got a little hard to tell by the end due to the constant barrage of madness in that wonderful show. Anyway, I haven’t updated in ages. Since my last entry I have:
- Moved from Wellington to Auckland (!!)
- Been lucky enough to start a new job as the writing team intern for a TV show (!!!)
- Spent actual grown-up money on things like a car, a fridge and a washing machine instead of an aquarium, a virtual reality machine or a year’s supply of Skittles
- Spent a whole month away from my cat (boooooo! Get her back soon, though)
So, because nothing makes me happier than brainstorming these, here’s some B-movie ideas:
- Ex-NASA employee Dahlia quit her beloved job to raise her daughter Kaylee, and these days delights in simple things like finding a tiny asteroid on the beach - perfect for Kaylee’s upcoming Science Fair! But when the asteroid emits a green gas which merges the school students into a giant scuttling monster made of child limbs, Dahlia must draw on her top secret NASA skills to get her daughter back from the... SCIENCE FEAR!
- Local mad scientist Regina is tired of her nerdy next-door neighbour Dillon trying to spy on her. So naturally, she defies all logic and science and hacks his computer to sends pixels flying out of his monitor and into his skin. There, the evil pixels burrow deeply and take over his brain, making him Regina’s test puppet in… ATTACK OF THE PORE PIXELS!
- When feuding Civil Defense responders Marsha and Frederick are attacked by a Godzilla-like monster and swallowed whole, they are surprised to find themselves alive and well in the stomach of the beast. With limited time before the stomach acid devours them, Marsha and Frederick must deal with the BEAST CASE SCENARIO.
- Recently promoted FBI agent Carmen Dallington is determined to solve the murder of the popular Doctor Williams at the county hospital. Dr Williams is same man who narrowly escaped a tragic hospital fire twenty years earlier, so when Camilla can’t find a single clue to solve his murder, she is forced to examine the only person alive who could hold grudge against him… a woman with no sense of smell, touch, hearing, vision or taste, who wasn’t so lucky in the fire... and who may be capable of... SENSELESS MURDER.
- Sharon’s dreams have always been vivid, but after breaking up with her asshole husband, night time gets a little wild. Sharon dreams constantly of her knight in shining armor, a noble man who at first seems like he has come to sweep her off her feet and treat her like a lady forever. But when Sharon’s dreams become a little too real and she starts waking up with chain-mail shaped scars, she must acknowledge her own personal… KNIGHTMARE.
I’ll see myself out.